Salut Wines, is a shop and wine bar in Manchester, UK, is promoting 24 DWWA 2015 winning wines in November 2015.
Salut Wines, shop and wine bar in Manchester, UK, will feature 24 DWWA 2015 winning wines and will offer a winning Champagne and English sparkling by the glass.
The DWWA 2015 winning wines on offer are:
- Gordon, Syrah, Columbia Valley, Washington State, USA 2013
- Riverby, Grüner Veltliner, Not Applicable, Marlborough, New Zealand 2014
- Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion, Pessac-Léognan, Bordeaux, France 2012
- Rhebokskloof, Pinotage, Not Applicable, Coastal Region, South Africa 2012
- Château Mazeyres, Pomerol, Bordeaux, France 2012
- Cannonball, Chardonnay, Sonoma County, California, USA 2013
- Glaetzer, Bishop, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia 2013
- Humberto Canale, Selección de Familia, Patagonia, Argentina 2012
- Ridgeview, Blanc de Blancs Brut, Not Applicable, East Sussex, United Kingdom 2011
- Settesoli, Mandrarossa Cartagho , Sicilia, Sicily, Italy 2012
- Frog’s Leap, Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon , Rutherford, California, USA 2012
- Lustau , 30 years VORS, Palo Cortado, Sherry, Spain NV
- Joseph Mellot, Le Chant des Vignes, Pouilly-Fumé, Loire, France 2014
- Tinpot Hut, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand 2014
- Willunga 100, The Hundred Grenache, McLaren Vale, South Australia, Australia 2013
- Alpha Zeta, Terrapieno Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Veneto, Italy 2014
- Azamor, Petit Verdot, Alentejano, Portugal 2011
- Finca Villacreces, Ribera del Duero, Mainland Spain, Spain 2011
- Man O’War, Gravestone Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon, Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand 2013
- Erste + Neue, Weissburgunder, Alto Adige / Südtirol, Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, Italy 2013
- Château Rochecolombe, Côtes du Rhône, Rhône, France 2013
- Fleury, Blanc de Noirs Brut, Champagne, Champagne, France NV
- Château Léoube, Côtes de Provence, Provence, France 2014
- Josef Chromy, Riesling, Tasmania, Australia 2014
- Catena, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina 2013
- Poderi dal Nespoli, Le Prugneto , Sangiovese di Romagna Superiore, Emilia-Romagna, Italy 2013
Promotion period: 1 – 30 November 2015
Address: 11, Cooper Street, Manchester, M2 2FW
The Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition and is respected internationally as an unrivalled source of wine recommendations. Now in its 12th year, the 2015 edition saw 15,928 wines from 48 countries tasted by 240 of the world’s wine experts, including 85 Masters of Wine and 23 Master Sommeliers.
All of the wines are blind tasted and organised by country, region, colour, grape, style, vintage and price to ensure the best possible tasting environment. Wines deemed eligible for an award can be given a commended, bronze, silver, or gold award. The very best of the golds within a region go on to win Regional Trophies and the very best of the Regional Trophies are tasted against other Regional Trophies from around the world to determine the International Trophies – the best of the best.
Each wine is judged individually by a panel of 3-4 judges. Notes are then compared to collectively agree on a medal (commended, bronze, silver, or gold) or no medal. Each silver and gold wine is then re-tasted by the Regional Chairs to ensure consistency across the panel.
There is no upper or lower limit on the number of medals that should be given, so each wine is considered on its own merits.