Liquid Courage Ltd is showcasing a selection of DWWA-winning wines by the glass this October
Address: 19 Patton Street, Palmdale, Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
The following DWWA-winning wines will be available to taste throughout the month of October at Liquid Courage Ltd:
- San Pedro, 1865 Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Maipó Valley, 2010, Chile
- Pommery, Rose Apanage, Champagne, NV, France
- Pommery, Brut Royal, Champagne, NV, France
- Pommery, Cuvee Louise Brut 1999, Champagne, 1999, France
- Castello d’Albola, Acciaiolo, Tuscany, 2009, Italy
- Heidsieck & Co, Monopole Blue Top, Champagne, NV, France
- Gérard Bertrand, Réserve Spéciale Chardonnay, Languedoc-Roussillon, Vin de Pays d’Oc, 2012, France
- Gérard Bertrand, Syrah Mourvèdre, Languedoc-Roussillon, Saint-Chinian, 2011, France
To celebrate this year’s Global Tastings, we caught up with Liquid Courage’s owner Chris Frye, to find out a little bit more about this unique wine distribution outlet.
Tell us a little bit about your wine venue and the customers it attracts – where are you based? Do you specialise in a particular type of wine?
Chris Frye: Liquid Courage is the newest distributor and retailer of fine wines and spirits in the Bahamas, as well as the distributor for Enomatic wine machines. We are located on Patton Street in the heart of Palmdale, Nassau. We have a broad selection of wines from around the world, importing our own unique wines to broaden the options available in the Bahamas.
Why did you want to be a part of the Global Tastings this year, and what do you hope to achieve by running this two-week tasting in your venue?
C: Liquid Courage’s primary focus is to bring new beverage experiences to the Bahamas, and the Global Tastings allow us to spotlight fine wines we carry with our Enomatic machines. We are fortunate to Enomatic machines to feature 8 Decanter rated wines and allow our customers to taste them in store.
Will you be running any promotions or special events as part of the Decanter Global Tastings for your customers this October?
C: New and current customers will be invited to a Decanter/Enomatic wine tasting on October 25th at Liquid Courage for sampling of all the wines we are featuring. We will also host a private tasting at Albany Resort this month for their members and guests.
Can you describe the wine scene in your city? Have you seen it change in recent years, or would you say it’s changing?
C: Growing and evolving. The wine scene in Nassau is becoming more sophisticated with consumers expanding beyond the sweet wines most Bahamians were introduced to when they were young. We aim to assist the Bahamas in this evolution to higher quality wines at reasonable prices.
Finally, do you have any DWWA-winning wine recommendations you would like to share with your customers, and if so, why you have chosen these wines?
C: We will be featuring the wines below, but my favourite would be the Vina San Pedro 1865 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010. It presents a great nose, with intense aromas of redcurrants and blueberries that intermingle with chocolaty notes. On the palate it is very dense and concentrated, with a very good balance of tannins, acidity and wood.
1. Vina San Pedro 1865 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
2. Castello d’Albola Acciaiolo 2009
3. Gerard Bertrand Reserve Speciale Chardonnay 2012
4. Gerard Bertrand, Terroir, Saint-Chinian 2011
5. Pommery Rose Apanage NV
6. Pommery Brut Royal NV
7. Pommery Cuvee Louise Brut 1999
8. Heidsieck & co Monopole Blue Top NV
For more information on Liquid Courage and the Global Tastings event please contact: