Wine festival in Lebanon featuring Decanter World Wine Awards 2015 winners
Visitors will have the chance to taste 27 Lebanese Decanter World Wine Awards winning wines at at the Decanter stand at Vinifest in Lebanon. These medal winning wines have won awards at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Dates: Wednesday 7 – Saturday 10 October 2015
Winners from DWWA 2013:
- Domaine Des Tourelles, Bekaa Valley 2012 (Commended)
- Domaine Wardy, Rose Du Printemps, Bekaa Valley 2012 (Silver)
- Chateau St Thomas, Pinot Noir, Bekaa Valley 2009 (Bronze)
- Karam Winery, Thouraya, Jezzine 2009 (Bronze)
- Chateau Musar, Bekaa Valley 2005 (Bronze)
- Cave Kouroum, Petit Noir, Bekaa Valley 2012 (Bronze)
- Chateau Musar, Jeune, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Commended)
- Cave Kouroum, Syrah Carignan, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Bronze)
- Chateau St Thomas, Les Gourmets Rouge, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Bronze)
- Château Kefraya, Bekaa Valley 2009 (Bronze)
- Karam Winery, Saint-John, Jezzine 2007 (Bronze)
- Marks & Spencer, Chateau Ksara, Clos St Alphonse, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Commended)
Winners from DWWA 2014:
- Domaine Wardy, Rosé du Printemps, Bekaa Valley 2013 (Bronze)
- Ixsir, Altitudes, Batroun 2010 (Bronze)
- Clos du Phoenix, Château Syrah, Batroun 2009 (Commended)
- Clos du Phoenix, Cuvée de la Citadelle, Batroun 2009 (Commended)
- Domaine des Tourelles, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Commended)
- Chateau Nakad, Prestige Des Coteaux, Bekaa Valley 2011 (Bronze)
- Cave Kouroum, 7 Cepages, Bekaa Valley 2013 (Bronze)
- Cave Kouroum, Petit Noir, Bekaa Valley 2013 (Bronze)
- Château Florentine, Grand Vin 2011 (Bronze)
Winners from DWWA 2015:
- Château Ksara, Château, Bekaa Valley 2012 (Commended)
- Chateau Nakad, Chateau des Coteaux, Bekaa Valley 2010 (Commended)
- Cave Kouroum, Petit Noir, Bekaa Valley 2014 (Bronze)
Other winning wines that are available to taste at the Decanter stand are winners from the Decanter Asia Wine Awards (DAWA): Château Qanafar, Bekaa Valley 2011 (DAWA 2014,Silver), Château Ksara, Réserve du Couvent, Bekaa Valley 2012 (DAWA 2014, Silver), Chateau Musar, Musar Jeune, Bekaa Valley 2012 (DAWA 2015, Bronze).
The Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition and is respected internationally as an unrivalled source of wine recommendations. Now in its 12th year, the 2015 edition saw 15,928 wines from 48 countries tasted by 240 of the world’s wine experts, including 85 Masters of Wine and 23 Master Sommeliers.
All of the wines are blind tasted and organised by country, region, colour, grape, style, vintage and price to ensure the best possible tasting environment. Wines deemed eligible for an award can be given a commended, bronze, silver, or gold award. The very best of the golds within a region go on to win Regional Trophies and the very best of the Regional Trophies are tasted against other Regional Trophies from around the world to determine the International Trophies – the best of the best.
Each wine is judged individually by a panel of 3-4 judges. Notes are then compared to collectively agree on a medal (commended, bronze, silver, or gold) or no medal. Each silver and gold wine is then re-tasted by the Regional Chairs to ensure consistency across the panel.
There is no upper or lower limit on the number of medals that should be given, so each wine is considered on its own merits.