Le cantine di greve in Chianti - Italy
This year Le Cantine di Greve in Chianti have been selected among the most beautiful wine stores in the world where local wine enthusiatss can taste a selection of DWWA-winning wines from September 29onwards.
Address: piazza delle cantine 2
50022 Greve in Chianti Firenze italia
For more information please contact:
Filippo Ravegnani, Director
The following DWWA-winning wines will be available to taste at Le Cantine di Greve throughout the month of October:
- Lanciola, Vinsanto Lanciola, Chianti, Colli Fiorentini, Tuscany, 2007, Italy
- Castello di Brolio, Chianti Classico, Tuscany, 2010, Italy
- Da Vinci Selezione, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, 2007, Italy
- Castello di Bossi, Corbaia, Tuscany, 2008 , Italy
- Castello di Albola, Acciaiolo, Tuscany 2008, Italy
- Tenuta di Nozzole, Il Pareto, Tuscany 2009, Italy
- Biondi Santi , Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany 2008, Italy
- Brancaia, Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany 2010, Italy
- Villa Cafaggio, Cortaccio, Tuscany, 2006, Italy
- Col d'orcia, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, 2008, Italy
- Castello di Romitorio, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, 2007, Italy
- Caparzo, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, 2008, Italy
- Cavalli, Tenuta degli dei, Tuscany, 2009, Italy
- Vignamaggio, Monnalisa, Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany, 2009, Italy
- Petra, Quercegobbe, Suvereto, Tuscany, 2009, Italy
- Castello di Querceto, Chianti Classico Riserva ,Tuscany, 2009, Italy
- Agricola san Felice, Campogiovanni, Brunellodi Montalcino, Tuscany, 2008, Italy
- Masciarelli, Villa Gemma, Abruzzo, 2006, Italy
To celebrate this year's Global Tastings, we caught up with Le Cantine di Greve's Filippo Ravegnani to find out a little bit more about this exclusive wine bar.
Tell us a little bit about your wine venue and the customers it attracts – where are you based? Do you specialise in a particular type of wine?
Filippo Ravegnani: Our wine cellar is the largest of the Chianti region, with the system we have in Enomatic tasting 144 wines. The structure is very old it was built in 1906, and since 1999, the family Bencistà Falorni are the new owners, and they decided to create a wine cellar. Bencistà is here that Lorenzo Falorni invented the system enomatic.
Why did you want to be a part of the Global Tastings this year, and what do you hope to achieve by running this two-week tasting in your venue?
F: Due to the global tasting our customers can taste various award-winning decanter. I hope to get more sales and understood for the various wines.
Will you be running any promotions or special events as part of the Decanter Global Tastings for your customers this October?
F: All award-winning wines are available for tasting at an affordable price.
Can you describe the wine scene in your city? Have you seen it change in recent years, or would you say it’s changing?
F: In our city the consumption of wine has changed. Customers are preferring small or medium wine estate.
Finally, do you have any DWWA-winning wine recommendations you would like to share with your customers, and if so, why you have chosen these wines?
F: We have 17 in tasting rewarded. But value for money is Brancaia Chianti Classico Riserva 2010 and La forra Chianti Classico 2008