It's the latest summer rosé trend - a frozen rosé wine cocktail. Try making your own frosé with this recipe from Sally Abé at Great British Chefs...
Ingredients (for sharing with friends)
- 750ml bottle of rosé wine
- 500g of strawberries, halved
- 50g of caster sugar
- Tip the rosé into a ziplock bag and place in the freezer. Don’t freeze the wine in the bottle, because it may crack.
- Place the strawberries in a heatproof bowl with the sugar and cover with cling film.
- Place over a pan of barely simmering water for about 1 hour, until all of the juices have run out of the strawberries.
- Pass through a fine sieve to extract the juice.
- Once the wine has frozen, place it in a food processor with the strawberry juice and blend to a slush.
- Divide between wine glasses, garnish with a twist of lemon and enjoy in the sun…