Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 Global Tasting Venues
Wine Tastes, Queenstown, New Zealand
Wine tastes offers you the chance to taste a wide selection of award-winning wines at their large wine tasting experience in the heart of Queenstown.
Address: 14 Beach Street, Queenstown, 9300, New Zealand
The 80-plus wines for tasting change regularly and more than 500 wines from over 200 different New Zealand wineries are offered for tasting every year. Dedicated tasting areas showcase the best examples of each wine variety from every New Zealand wine region.
"With so many visitors in New Zealand for the 2011 Rugby World Cup, this is a fantastic opportunity to taste those New Zealand wines awarded the highest accolades. The scale and rigorous scrutiny of the tasting process for the Awards sets an international benchmark, we are delighted to be associated with such a prestigious event."
Rick Nelson, Owner, Wine Tastes
The selected award winning wines available are:
- Judge Rock, Pinot Noir, Alexandra, Central Otago 2010 New Zealand - Gold
- Man O'War, Ironclad, Waiheke Island, 2009 New Zealand - Silver
- Man O'War, Valhalla Chardonnay, Waiheke Island, Auckland 2010 New Zealand - Silver
- Ngatarawa, Alwyn Winemakers Reserve Merlot - Cabernet, Hawke's Bay 2009 New Zealand - Silver
- Ngatarawa, Alwyn Chardonnay, Hawke's Bay 2010 New Zealand - silver
- Pasquale, Riesling, Waitaki 2010 New Zealand - Silver
- Peregrine, Pinot Noir, Central Otago 2010 New Zealand - Silver
- Quartz Reef, Pinot Noir, Bendigo, Central Otago 2010 New Zealand - Silver
- Morton Estate, Black Label Syrah, Hawke's Bay 2007 New Zealand - Silver
- C J Pask, Declaration Syrah, Gimblett Gravels, Hawke's Bay 2009 New Zealand - Silver
- Stoneleigh, Rapaura Series Pinot Gris, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand - Silver
- Surveyor Thomson, Pinot Noir, Lowburn, Central Otago 2009 New Zealand - Silver
- Villa Maria, Reserve Pinot Noir, Marlborough 2010 New Zealand - Silver
- Wooing Tree, Pinot Noir, Central Otago 2009 New Zealand - Silver
- Greystone Wines, Riesling, Waipara 2011 New Zealand - Regional Trophy, New Zealand Riesling over £10
- Saint Clair, Sauvignon Blanc Wairau Reserve, Wairau Valley, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand - Regional Trophy, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc over £10