Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 Global Tasting Venues
Vin Room, Calgary, Canada
Taste Decanter award-winning wine at the Vin Room in Calgary from 29th September 2012.
Address: 2310 4th Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2S 1X2, Canada
“With over 100 wines by the glass, Vin Room is Canada’s largest wine bar. We are excited to be able to provide guests the opportunity to try award winning wines from the 2012 Decanter World Wine Awards, as part of Decanter’s Global Tastings programme in partnership with Enomatic. As only one of two venues in Canada participating in the Global Tastings, we are honored to be associated with Decanter Magazine and to be able to showcase award-winning wines on Canada’s largest installation of Enomatic Wine Systems. We are excited to be showcasing 16 award winning wines in 2 oz, 6 oz, 13 oz and bottle options during the month of October.
At Vin Room, we strive to encourage a culture of wine and love any opportunity to promote the discovery of wine and food in a casual way. Being part of the Decanter Global Tastings allows us to promote an award winning line up alongside such a prestigious event."
Phoebe Fung, Proprietor, Vin Room
The selected award winning wines available are:
- Andeluna Cellars, 1300 Malbec, Uco Valley, Medoza 2011 Argentina - Bronze
- Caves d'Esclans, Whispering Angel, Côtes de Provence, Provence 2011 France - Bronze
- Castello Banfi, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany 2007 Italy - Silver
- Dandelion Vineyards, Twilight of the Adelaide Hills, Adelaide Hills, South Australia 2010 Australia - Commended
- Ben Glaetzer, Anaperenna, Barossa Valley, South Australia 2010 Australia - Silver
- Hamilton Russell Vineyards, Chardonnay, Hemel-en-Aarde 2011 South Africa - Silver
- Heinrich, St. Laurent, Burgenland 2010 Austria - Bronze
- Lagarde, Guarda Cabernet Franc, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza 2010 Argentina - Silver
- Rabl, Grüner Veltliner Käferberg, Kamptal, Niederösterreich 2010 Austria - Silver
- Terredora, Fiano Campore, Fiano di Avellino, Southern Italy 2010 Italy - Silver
- Canaletto, Prosecco, Veneto NV Italy - Bronze
- Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, Blanc de Noirs, Carneros, California NV United States - Bronze
- Montaudon, Classe M, Champagne NV France - Silver
- Veuve Clicquot, Champagne 2004 France - Silver
- Emilio Lustau, Don Nuño, Dry Oloroso, Sherry NV Spain - Silver
- Emilio Lustau, Waitrose Solera Jerez, Sherry NV Spain - Silver