Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 Global Tasting Venues
Divino Enoteca, Edinburgh, UK
Visitors to Edinburgh have the opportunity to try award-winning wines at Divino Enotica wine bar and restaurant.
Adress: 5 Merchant Street EH1 2QD, Edinburgh, UK
Divino, an Italian wine bar and restaurant, is a round-trip ticket to Italy at a fraction of the price. With 40 wines by the glass and 250 by the bottle, Divino’s wine list highlights the best of Italy’s 2000+ grape varieties from its 21 wine-growing regions.
"The Divino Enoteca's team is extremely proud and thrilled to be part of such an exclusive event for the second year in a row. The Enomatic machines are an important part of our business, and it is thanks to these that we can offer 40 wines by the glass. During the DWWA Global Tasting, a selection of 16 awarded wines (8 reds and 8 whites) will be available for tasting. Two special events will take place. We will host a tasting evening presented by one of our sommelier, and a special tasting night, where our guest can buy Divino cards and taste wines directly from the enomatic machines. During these four weeks, DWWA wine flights and a special tasting menu will be available to all our guests."
Monia Tardiola, Marketing Manager, Divino Enoteca
The selected award-winning wines available are:
- Casale del Giglio, Mater Matuta, Lazio, Lazio 2008 Italy - Silver
- Sella & Mosca, Tanca Farra', Alghero, Southern Italy 2007 Italy - Bronze
- Gulfi, Nerojbleo, Sicilia, Souther Italy 2008 Italy - Commended
- Apollonio, Valle Cupa, Salento, Southern Italy 2007 Italy - Silver
- Feudi di San Gregorio, Taurasi, Southern Italy 2007 Italy - Bronze
- Fontanafredda, La Rosa, Barolo, Piedmont 2007 Italy - Commended
- Umani Ronchi, Pelago, Marche 2007 Italy - Bronze
- Castello di Fonterutoli, Ser Lapo, Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany 2008 Italy - Bronze
- Gulfi, Carjcanti, Sicilia, Southern Italy 2009 Italy - Commended
- Ascheri, Arneis, Langhe, Piedmont 2011 Italy - Commended
- Planeta, Chardonnay, Sicilia, Southern Italy 2009 Italy - Regional Trophy, White Southern Italy over £10
- Feudo Antico, Bianco Superiore, Tullum, Abruzzo 2010 Italy - Bronze
- Sella & Mosca, Terre Bianche Torbato, Alghero, Southern Italy 2011 Italy - Commended
- Jermann, Ribolla Gialla, Venezia Giulia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia 2010 Italy - Bronze
- Capichera, VT, Isola dei Nuraghi, Southern Italy 2009 Italy - Silver
- Fazi Battaglia, San Sisto Classico Riserva, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi, Marche 2008 Italy - Silver