DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS: NEW POSITIONS
The role will involve working closely with the Awards Manager to administer the DWWA, including:
* Responsibility for all entries online and offline including responding to telephone and online queries
* Processing payments via bank transfer, cheque and credit card and providing reports for Accounts
* Liaising with the Logistics Company and entrants regarding the safe arrival of wine entries
* Coordinating exhibition tastings at International Wine Fairs
* Organising global tastings with third parties to promote award winning wines
* Assisting in the preparation and organisation of the DWWA events including judging week and the presentation dinner
* Monitoring the DWWA database, keeping it up-to-date throughout the year
* Working closely with the marketing team to promote the DWWA throughout the year, including trade fairs, pr and producing marketing promotional material.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a busy office environment. You will have a sound knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel to manage the Awards database and execute advance mail merges. You will be comfortable communicating with people on the phone as well as by e-mail and spoken French, Spanish or Italian would be an advantage.
This is a fixed term contract, initially for four months starting from 10 January 2011. The position is likely to be extended for the right candidate
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: Wednesday 1 December
WAREHOUSE WINE ASSISTANT
SATURDAY 26TH TO THURSDAY 31ST MARCH 2011
The work will take place in our warehouse in Kent from Saturday 26 to Thursday 31 March 2011. We will provide accommodation (shared rooms) and full catering.
The role will involve working closely with the Tastings Director to organise the DWWA wines, including:
* Checking and editing wine labels against our online system
* Updating the DWWA database
* Dealing with wine queries
* Helping with the day to day work in the warehouse
Payment is fixed daily rate of £120. The work is hard and involves long hours starting 8.00am in the warehouse.
The ideal candidates will be passionate about wine, energetic and hard-working. They will have a very good wine knowledge (diploma level), meticulous attention to detail and work well as part of a team and under their own initiative.
If you would like to join the team; send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for application: Friday 10th December.
MONDAY 31ST JANUARY TO THURSDAY 31ST MARCH 2011
The Decanter World Wine Awards was launched in 2004 with just under 4, 500 entries. Seven years later, it’s now the largest international wine competition in the world with nearly 11, 000 entries.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly organised person to work on the Decanter World Wine Awards competition (DWWA).
Based in our warehouse in Kent, the role will involve working closely with the Awards Manager to administer the DWWA and include:
* To report to the London office on a daily basis
* To check and sign for wine deliveries
* To log and check wines against the DWWA online system
* To organise wines according to their country of origin
* To answer entrance queries relating to deliveries or any other queries they may have in the timely manner
* To deal with any additional tasks relating to the DWWA as required
* To work closely with Sensible Wine Services and answering any queries they may have in relation to the DWWA
* To be the main point of contact between Sensible Wine Services and the London office
* To administer tax and duty paperwork
* To help categorise the wines before judging week
The ideal candidates will be organised and hard-working. They will have:
* a good verbal and writing communication skill
* good wine knowledge (WSET advanced level or above)
* The ability to work closely with external and internal teams
* The ability to work under pressure in an often fast paced environment
* The ability to work well as part of a team and under their own initiative.
* Meticulous attention to detail
* A sound knowledge of Excel
If you believe you have the necessary abilities and motivation for this demanding role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: Wednesday 15th December