Fine wines at tiny prices from Unique Wine Auctions…
Imagine winning a bottle of Ch. Latour 2001 for just £1.23, a bottle of Ch. Margaux 2004 for just 6p or a bottle of Ch. Mouton Rothschild 1996 for 20p.
This has all happened in the last two weeks at Unique Wine Auctions. Add to that list bottles of Bahans Haut Brion 2003 and Chateau Duhart Milon 2003 and you can begin to understand the growing excitement about this great new way to access fine wines at tiny prices.
Although we had so far concentrated on Bordeaux last week saw us offer some great wines from Spain.
However this week we are back in Bordeaux offering a single bottle of Lafite 2004, this auction will close on Wednesday 22nd June at 9pm.
Unique Wine Auctions is very different to a conventional auction site;
• The auction is conducted blind
• Instead of the highest bid winning the item on sale we sell for the lowest price that has attracted only one bid, or simply the ´lowest unique bid´.
• There is no buyers commission
• The only cost to all bidders is the cost to place a bid which typically is between £1 and £2.
Because all bids are blind no one can see what you have bid. However, immediately after you have placed a bid you are informed automatically if your bid is ´unique´ or ´not unique´. The only way of winning the auction is by having the lowest ´unique´ bid at the end of the auction.
It is not a game of luck as the auction process allows participants to form their own strategies in bidding. Here are a few tips:
• Like in a regular auction it is best to watch as much of the auction as possible especially in the closing stages that way you can react if your bids suddenly becomes ´not unique´ or if you lose your winning ´unique´ bid.
• Having as many ´unique´ numbers as possible is real advantage. If your bids are unique but not the lowest you know exactly in which range the unique lowest bid must be. Logically it has to be between 1p and your lowest unique bid, giving you the opportunity if you so wish to bid on every single number between your lowest unique bid and 1p to become the lowest unique bidder.
• It is important you work out in advance how much you are willing to spend bidding in an auction. Lots that have a higher value generally warrant a high spend in bidding, those with a lower value, a lower spend.
To sign up for membership is free, so come and see the auctions for yourself at;