Vacancy: Content editor (Simplified Chinese/English), Decanterchina.com
Decanter, the world’s leading wine media brand, requires a Content editor (Simplified Chinese/English) to work on the exciting next phase of its development. Based at Decanter’s London office, this new position will primarily be working on the new Decanterchina.com website, set to be launched this autumn.
Reporting to the Decanterchina.com editor, this role will ensure the highest quality of editorial content is delivered in both English and Simplified Chinese in a fast-moving environment.
Day to day duties will involve translating and editing content between both Simplified Chinese and English (including establishing a translation glossary for key wine terms), developing and documenting a house style guide, commissioning content from international contributors, managing a commissioning budget, researching and writing new content, and forward planning features and articles.
Previous digital experience is essential as the job also requires optimising images, ensuring strict SEO standards (Baidu & Google), updating and managing a number of social media, as well as compiling regular newsletters and mailings.
As well as a strong wine knowledge, the successful candidate will have a passion for online media and will be as comfortable on Weibo as they are brainstorming new digital feature ideas, writing traffic reports, and building contacts.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working individual who can work both independently and as a part of a team to build up a community of eager wine enthusiasts and wine professionals from China, as well as acting as an ambassador for the Decanter brand where appropriate.
- Must have significant wine experience - WSET diploma is desirable
- Must have prior professional translation experience (Simplified Chinese – English)
- Must have prior experience working with online content (CMS & SEO)
- Must have eligibility to live and work in the UK for the duration of the contract
- Experience of working with video (shooting and editing), additional languages and basic html skills would be an advantage. Previous experience of working with website analytics is also desirable.
To apply for this position, please email a CV and covering letter marked for the attention of John Abbott, Decanter China Editor, to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5.30pm on Thursday 28 June 2012.