Decanter is recruiting
Decanter, the world’s leading wine brand, is looking for an International Wine Logistics Manager.
The role will involve working closely with the International Tastings Director to provide support and manage the logistics of the Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) and Decanter Asia Wine Awards (DAWA). Some of the key tasks include:
• Managing operations between Decanter and our warehouses in Kent and Hong Kong
• Preparing and delivering operational plans and strategy with the International Tasting Director
• Leading and developing logistics staff to ensure that work schedules and operations targets are met.
• Supervising the wine categorisation process of both competitions
• Helping with the day-to-day running of judging week – in London and Hong Kong
• Assisting the International Tastings Director in compiling the results for publication on line and in print
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in managing a team
• Analytical skills and will be comfortable with numbers
• Excellent IT skills, especially Excel
• Customer service skills, a good phone manner and fluency in both verbal and written English.
• The ability to work in a small team; be self-motivated and decisive
• Very good wine knowledge (WSET Diploma level)
• Meticulous attention to detail
This position is for a one-year contract with a strong possibility of extension.
If you would like to join the team, please email your CV and covering letter to Christelle Guibert, email@example.com.
Closing date for application: Friday 18th January 2013.