Decanter, the world's leading wine media brand, has a vacancy for a Graduate Web Developer
Graduate web developer, Decanter
Contract:6 months, full time with potential to extend
Decanter is the world’s leading wine media brand, reaching an international audience of wine lovers in over 200 countries every month, across the world-famous Decanter magazine, Decanter.com, Decanter events, the Decanter Wine Awards and the newly launched Decanter Asia Wine Awards.
We’re the market-leaders when it comes to wine information, and we’re looking for a creative and ambitious PHP developer to work on our newest digital property, DecanterChina.com, and help us grow our presence in the fast-growing China market.
We’re looking for an exceptional graduate to join our team and play a defining role in the DecanterChina.com reader experience. If you are driven by new challenges, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a role that will give you exposure to a great mix of back-end and front-end development then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Integrating with existing code libraries, databases, caches and APIs
- Keeping our site secure and submitting to regular audits
- Designing great user interfaces for web and mobile with help from our digital team
What we’re looking for in you
- A great degree in a relevant subject like computer science or engineering
- Passion for everything tech
- A good eye for detail, design and usability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and a keen interest in the following:
* PHP and MySQL
* Software design patterns
If you’re interested in this role, and available for an immediate start, send a CV and covering letter, as well as links to a portfolio or recent projects, to email@example.com.
Please note, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Written by John Abbott