No matter how ardent, wine lovers are denied entrance to VINEXPO and its vinous treasure unless they are in the wine business.
Bordeaux city; DWWA Chairman Steven Spurrier; Decanter stand at VINEXPO
Now Decanter has teamed with VINEXPO to offer readers the chance to visit the glamorous City of Bordeaux and to taste the winning wines in the Decanter World Wine Awards on the day they are announced.
This competition with Decanter.com is the gateway to the world’s biggest wine and spirit fair which welcomes over 2,400 exhibitors from 44 countries and 50,000 visitors.
The winner and partner will be received on the Decanter stand and will attend a masterclass from key members of the DWWA judging panel, including Gerard Basset MS MW, Steven Spurrier and Paolo Basso.
They will be guests of honour at the one-off masterclass to taste the winning wines from the largest ever DWWA, which express intriguing terroirs and excellence from unexpected places.
The prize includes air fares from the UK and hotel for two nights for two people in Bordeaux arriving June 13 and leaving June 15.
The key to discovering VINEXPO is to answer correctly ten questions about wine with a tie-breaker. The competition runs from April 7 closing on April 24. The winner will be notified shortly afterwards.
Tie-breaker: I should like to visit VINEXPO 2015 in Bordeaux because (see entry page)
Terms and conditions:
• Return air fares for two people are paid from the UK to Bordeaux only travelling from a UK airport on June 13 and returning on June 15
• Hotel costs cover two nights for two people for the nights of June 13 and June 14 on a bed and breakfast basis
• The winners will met at Bordeaux airport by hire car and taken to the hotel. A hire care will be provided for the journey to Bordeaux airport on June 15
• The competition closes at 23.55pm on April 24. The winner will be notified within 48 hours of closure
• All entrants must be aged 18 or over
• No purchase is necessary to enter the competition
• No cash alternative is available in the event of being unable to take up the prize
• The winners must provide their own travel and personal liability insurance
• Employees of Decanter, Time Inc. (UK) and VINEXPO are excluded from entering
• In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected from the most appropriate written-in answer. No correspondence can be entered into. The judges’ decision is final
• Winners must be willing to be used or consent to their use in any Decanter/VINEXPO publicity arising from their winning the competition and their visit to VINEXPO including the use of pictures taken of them.
Written by eleanor douglas