Decanter hosted a Masterclass of Australian gold medal winning wines from the Decanter Asia and World Wine Awards in Macau yesterday (4 September).
Decanter hosted a sell-out masterclass on 4 September with Gerard Basset MS MW in Macau.
The masterclass titled Discover the diversity of Australia focused on winning wines from both the 2016 Decanter Asia Wine Awards (DAWA) and the 2017 Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA).
Gerard who judges regularly at both Decanter’s competitions guided 50 wine lovers through 7 Australian gold winning wines.
The wines tasted were:
- Grant Burge, Filsell Old Vine Shiraz, Barossa, South Australia, Australia 2014
- Taylors, Shiraz, Clare Valley, South Australia, Australia 2015
- McWilliam’s, Syrah, Canberra District, New South Wales, Australia 2014
- Bird in Hand, Nest Egg Cabernet Sauvignon, Adelaide Hills, South Australia 2013
- Penfolds, Yattarna Bin 144 Chardonnay, Cross-Regional Blend, Australia 2014
- Yalumba, Viognier, Eden Valley, South Australia, Australia 2016
- Morris, Old Premium Rare Liqueur Topaque, Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia
Search Decanter World Wine Awards gold medal winners here
Search Decanter Asia Wine Awards gold medal winners here