Winner of the prestigious London Wine Retailer of the year, Hedonism Wines will be showcasing 16 DWWA-winning wines by the glass this October
Located in the heart of London’s Mayfair, Hedonism is a new fine wine and spirits boutique which has already become the most talked about wine project of recent times, and recently was named Decanter London Wine Retailer of the Year at the Decanter Awards Presentation Dinner at the Royal Opera House.
Address: 3-7 Davies Street, W1K 3LD
For more innformation please contact:
The following DWWA-winning wines are available to taste at Hedonism throughout the month of October:
- Penfolds, Bin 389 Cabernet-Shiraz, Australia, South Australia, 2010, Red, Still Dry – Australian Red Blend over £15 Regional Trophy
- Gaia, Wild Ferment Assyrtiko, Greece, Aegean Islands, Santorini, 2012, White, Still Dry – Greek White over £15 Regional Trophy
- Gaia, Thalassitis, Greece, Aegean Islands, Santorini, 2012, White, Still Dry – Gold
- Dobogó, Furmint, Hungary, Tokaj-Hegyalja, 2011, White, Still Dry – Hungarian White over £15 Regional Trophy
- G.D. Vajra, Kyè Freisa, Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, 2009, Red, Still Dry – Red Piedmont over £15 Regional Trophy
- La Rioja Alta, 890, Spain, Rest Of Mainland, Rioja Gran Reserva 1998, Red, Still Dry – Red Rioja Gran Reserva over £15 Regional Trophy
- Sandeman, 40 Year Old Tawny, Portugal, Port, NV., Red, Fortified – Tawny Port over £15 Regional Trophy
- Barone Ricasoli Colledila, Italy, Tuscany, Chianti Classico, 2010, Red, Still Dry – Bronze
- Tobía, Selección, Spain, Rest Of Mainland, Rioja Crianza, 2009, Red, Still Dry – Gold
- Cloudy Bay, Pinot Noir, New Zealand, Marlborough, 2011, Red, Still Dry – Gold
- Zenato, Sergio Zenato, Italy, Veneto, Lugana, 2010, White, Still Dry – Gold
- Allende, Aurus, Spain, Rest Of Mainland, Rioja, 2008, Red, Still Dry – Gold
- Dow’s, Vintage, Portugal, Port, 1985, Red, Fortified – Gold
- Gran Cruz, 10 Year Old Tawny, Portugal, Port, NV., Red, Fortified – Bronze
- Henriques & Henriques, 20 Years Old Malvasia, Portugal, Madeira, NV, Red, Fortified – Silver
- Klein Constantia, Vin de Constance, South Africa, Coastal Region, Constantia, 2007, White, Sweet – Gold
To celebrate this year’s Global Tastings, we caught up with Tatiana Fokina at Hedonism Wines to find out a little bit more about this exclusive wine store, recently named Decanter London Wine Retailer of the Year at the Decanter Awards Presentation Dinner.
Tell us a little bit about your wine venue and the customers it attracts – where are you based? Do you specialise in a particular type of wine?
T: Located in the heart of London’s Mayfair, Hedonism Wines is a new fine wine and spirits boutique which has already become the most talked about wine shop of recent times. There are over 4500 wines on offer from 27 different countries across the globe. So we hope that everyone can find something for their taste here.
Why did you want to be a part of the Global Tastings this year, and what do you hope to achieve by running this two-week tasting in your venue?
T: We are always looking to provide our customers with a unique experience and get some new and exciting wines in. Some of the wines on the Enomatics during these 2 weeks have not been released yet, so it will provide our customers with the opportunity to be the first ones to try them. Having been named the London Wine merchant of the year by Decanter magazine and knowing that a lot of our customers are Decanter’s devoted readers we thought we could not miss this opportunity.
Will you be running any promotions or special events as part of the Decanter Global Tastings for your customers this October?
T: We are doing a lot on social media and our Newsletter that goes out to more than 1000 people to make sure as many people as possible come to taste the fabulous wines over the course of these 2 weeks.
Can you describe the wine scene in your city? Have you seen it change in recent years, or would you say it’s changing?
London’s wine scene is probably one of the most dynamic in the world, with a diverse and exciting offering in different ends of the spectrum and the most knowledgeable customers. Tasting machines are getting more and more popular, people are getting into finer wines, discovering new and up and coming regions for themselves, studying more about the wines they drink which is great to see.
Finally, do you have any DWWA-winning wine recommendations you would like to share with your customers, and if so, why you have chosen these wines?
Two wines that our Head Buyer Alistair Viner would recommend are as follows: Freisa Kye 09 Vajra; not the usual suspect from Piedmont, but a wonderfully pure and fresh expression of one of their indigenous variatals, and Dobogo Dry Furmint 2011; rather than choosing the more famed sweet wines from the region, Alistair would go for this wonderfully refreshing dry example of Furmint.