A selection of DWWA 2016 and 2015 winning wines were showcased at the Great Riesling Tasting on 16 May 2016.
Riesling winners from the Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 from Australia, New Zealand, Austra, Germany, Canada, South Africa, and France were presented at the Great Riesling Tasting in London on 16 May.
The Riesling winning wines available to taste were:-
- Wakefield, St Andrews Riesling, Clare Valley, Australia 2015 (Bronze)
- Kilikanoon, Mort’s Reserve Riesling, Clare Valley, Australia 2015 (Silver)
- Grosset & Hill-Smith, Mesh Riesling, Eden Valley, Australia 2013 (Silver)
- Ata Mara, Riesling, Central Otago, New Zealand 2015 (Platinum – Best New Zealand Riesling under £15)
- Weingut Fred Loimer, Langenlois Seeberg Erste Lage Riesling, Kamptal, Austria 2013(Silver)
- Weingut Allram, Heiligenstein 1.Ötw Lage Riesling, Kamptal, Austria 2014 (Silver)
- Weingut Dr. H.Thanisch, Berncasteler Doctor Riesling Spätlese, Mosel, Germany 2014 (Platinum – Best German Sweet over £15)
- Inniskillin, Riesling Icewine, Ontario, Niagara Peninsula, Canada 2014 (Gold)
- Domaine Zinck, Portrait Riesling , Alsace, France 2014 (DWWA 2015 Bronze)
- Paul Cluver, Noble Late Harvest Riesling Elgin, South Africa 2013 (DWWA 2015 Regional Trophy)
Full results of the DWWA 2016 will be published on Decanter.com on 6 June 2016.