See all the winners of the 2012 Decanter Wine Retailer of the Year Awards here
The Decanter Retailer of the Year Awards were announced on 5th September at the Royal Opera House.
The results are published in the October issue of Decanter magazine, published on 6th September 2012.
In 2012, the winners were:
- Supermarket of the Year: Marks & Spencer
- National Wine Merchant of the Year: The Wine Society
- London Wine Merchant of the Year: Roberson Wine
- Regional Wine Merchant of the Year: hangingditch wine merchants
- Specialist Wine Merchant of the Year: Wine Pantry
- Innovation Award: Vini Italiani
Photos from the Decanter Retailer of the Year Awards
In March 2012 we invited everyone, from wine lovers to the trade, to nominate your favourite wine retailers for the Decanter Wine Retailer of the Year Awards 2012. Our panel of wine and retail experts used this information, along with responses from retailers, to prepare a shortlist.
The shortlisted retailers were then called upon to submit detailed information on their activity over the past year, telling us about the quality and value of their range, their service and any innovations they have brought in over the year. Judges allocated scores based on this evidence and – where necessary – they visited the retailers before delivering their final verdict.
The Judging Panel
1. Anthony Rose (Chairman) – Wine columnist, The Independent
2. Allan Cheesman – Industry consultant
3. Tom Cannavan – Publisher/editor www.wine-pages.com
4. Fiona Beckett – Contributing Editor, Decanter. Wine Columnist, The Guardian
5. Peter Richards MW – Wine Expert, Saturday Kitchen
If you would like further information on the Retailer of the Year Awards please email firstname.lastname@example.org