Decanter and the Royal Opera House are holding a Wine Gala dinner on Tuesday 9 February, including some of the world's most sought after wines, with proceeds going to the Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation.
Tickets are now on sale for Decanter and the Royal Opera House’s Wine Gala Dinner on Tuesday 9th February 2016.
The dinner will be a showcase of the finest wines along with a recital from some of the world’s most renowned international opera stars, including Bryn Terfel and Ermonela Jaho and Jette Parker Young Artists Vlado Borovko and David Junghoon Kim.
Decanter’s Publishing Director Sarah Kemp has handpicked all the wines from some of the world’s most exclusive producers including:
- Château Lafite-Rothschild
- Champagne Roederer
- Domaine Bonneau du Martray
- Ridge Vineyards
- Fonseca Port
Each wine will be presented by their proprietors, giving guests an exclusive insight into the vinous legends. A special recital will be arranged by world renowned maestro Sir Antonio Pappano.
An auction of exceptional fine wines and unique Royal Opera House experiences conducted by Christie’s will conclude the evening with proceeds also going to the Covent Garden Foundation.
The Covent Garden Foundation enables the Royal Opera House to present world leading performances, remarkable craftmanship and inspiring learning and participation projects.
The Wines (in order of service at the Wine Gala Dinner):
- Champagne Roederer Vintage Rose 2009 and Champagne Roederer Cristal 2006. Presented by Frederic Rouzaud, CEO of Champagne Roederer
- Corton-Charlemagne, Grand Cru, Domaine Bonneau du Martay 2007. Presented by Jean-Charles le Bault de la Moriniere, Domaine Bonneau du Martray.
- Ridge Monte Bello Cabernet Sauvignon 1991. Presented by Paul Draper, Chief Executive Officer and Winemaker of Ridge Vineyards.
- Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1990. Presented by Baron Eric de Rothschild, Chairman of Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
- Fonseca Vintage Port 1985. Presented by Adrian Bridge, Managing Director of Fonseca Port.
For more information and tickets contact Helena Price.
See the gallery from the last Wine Gala Dinner in March 2012.
Updated 16/11: Name of Bonneau de Martray in main copy