Decanter, the world's leading wine media brand, has a vacancy for a Web Developer
Hours: 6 months, part time (2 days per week) with potential to extend
Location: Blue Fin Building, Central London
Decanter is the world’s leading wine media brand, and we reach an international audience of wine lovers in over 200 countries every month, across the world-famous Decanter magazine, Decanter.com, Decanter events, the Decanter Wine Awards and the newly launched Decanter Asia Wine Awards.
We’re the market-leaders when it comes to wine information, and we’re looking for a creative and ambitious PHP developer to work on our newest digital property, DecanterChina.com, and help us grow our presence in the fast-growing China market.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our small team and play a defining role in the DecanterChina.com reader experience. If you are driven by new challenges, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a part-time role that will give you exposure to a great mix of back-end and front-end development then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be responsible for
– Integrating with existing code libraries, databases, caches and APIs
– Keeping our site secure and our web services up and running
– Creating great user interfaces for web and mobile
What we’re looking for in you
– A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject e.g. computer science or engineering
– Experience both of working in a small team, and on individual projects
– A good eye for detail, design and usability
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
Significant experience and demonstrable expertise in:
– PHP and MySQL
– Responsive design
Applying: If you’re interested in this role, and available for an immediate start, send a CV and covering letter, as well as links to a portfolio or recent projects, to email@example.com
Your covering letter should highlight the extent to which your skills/experience meets the requirements of the role and your motivation behind applying.
Closing date: Monday 7th July 2014 at 5.00pm
Please note, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.