Promotional featureFind out the winners of the Argentina Wine Awards 2017, held by Wines of Argentina and the Corporación Vitivinícola Argentina (COVIAR). See all trophy winners in the gallery below.
Argentina Wine Awards 2017: ‘Breaking new ground’
The 11th version of the Argentina Wine Awards was themed around ‘breaking new ground’ and showcasing the diversity of wines from the variety of Argentinian terroir.
The wines were tasted blind by 12 international and seven national judges – brought together by Wines of Argentina and the Corporación Vitivinícola Argentina (COVIAR).
There were seventeen trophy winning wines: six red blends, five Malbecs, one Cabernet Sauvignon, one Cabernet Franc, one Chardonnay, one sparkling wine, one white blend and one sweet wine.
All 17 Trophy winning wines:
- Fabre Montmayou Reserva Malbec, 2016 – Bodegas Fabre S.A.
- Doña Paula 969, 2017 – Doña Paula
- Cocodrilo Corte, 2015 – Viña Cobos SA
- Riccitelli & Father, 2014 – Riccitelli Wines
- Finca Los Nobles Cabernet Bouchet, 2012 – Bodega Luigi Bosca /Familia Arizu
- Santiago Graffigna, 2014 – Bodegas Graffigna
- Alta Vista Premium Extra Brut – Alta Vista
- Agostino Familia White Blend, 2014 – Finca Agostino Hnos. S.A.
- Cadus Vistaflores Appellation Chardonnay, 2016 – Cadus Wines
- Gran Medalla Cabernet Franc, 2014 – Trapiche
- Santa Julia Reserva Malbec, 2016 – Bodega Santa Julia
- Tito Zuccardi Paraje Altamira, 2015 – Bodega Zuccardi Valle De Uco
- Santa Julia Reserva Malbec Cabernet Franc, 2016 – Bodega Santa Julia
- Rutini Apartado Gran Malbec, 2014 – La Rural Viñedos y Bodegas SA Ltda
- Grand Reserve Del Fin Del Mundo, 2013 – Bodega Del Fin Del Mundo
- Colomé Malbec , 2015 – Bodega Colomé
- Cafayate Gran Linaje Torrontés Cosecha Tardía, 2015 – Bodegas Etchart (Pernod Ricard Argentina S.R.L.).
Regional Trophy awards
Four wines also won the ‘Regional Trophy’ award, and this list includes three of the 17 wines listed above:
- Northern Valleys: Colomé Malbec 2015, Colomé Winery.
- Valleys of Mendoza: Grand Medal Cabernet Franc 2014, Bodega Trapiche.
- Patagonian & Atlantic Valleys: Grand Reserve of the End of the World 2013, Bodega del Fin del Mundo.
- La Rioja and San Juan: Bodega Salentein, Pyros Special Blend 2013.
‘The AWA is an excellent platform for wine professionals from around the world to discover what Argentina has to offer,’ said Alberto Arizu, president of Wines of Argentina.
‘Argentine producers are constantly driving for improvements to understand their terroir and the wines they are capable of producing, and we believe it is important for the market to experience these innovations.’
This content has be provided by Wines of Argentina, as part of a sponsored campaign with Decanter.com.
NB: This content has no connection to the Decanter World Wine Awards or Decanter’s independent ratings.
More from Wines of Argentina:
High-end gastronomy meets outrageously delicious wines...
Explore these white wines...
There's more to Argentina than Malbec....
The ones to watch...