TopWine China is a key event for international as well as national wine industry to capitalise on the sustained growth and potential of China. The country’s demand for wine is expected to become the highest in the world by 2020.
The masterclass was attended by over 100 visitors and the DAWA winning wines available to taste at the masterclass were:
- Skoff Original, Royal Sauvignon Blanc, Südsteiermark, Steiermark, Austria 2013
- Mar de Frades, Albariño, Rías Baixas, Mainland Spain, Spain 2014
- Sandalford, Estate Reserve Chardonnay, Margaret River, Western Australia, Australia 2014
- Craggy Range, Syrah, Gimblett Gravels, Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand 2011
- Kanaan Winery, Pretty Pony, Ningxia, China 2013
- Borgogno, Cannubi, Barolo, Piedmont, Italy 2010
The Decanter Asia Wine Awards (DAWA) aims to provide consumers with a trusted source of wine recommendations. All wines are judged blind in the best possible tasting environment and each wine is discussed on an individual basis by our professional judging panel, consisting of the top wine experts from the Asia market. The judging panel is led by DAWA chair Steven Spurrier, and vice-chairs Ch’ng Poh Tiong, Gerard Basset MS MW, Andrew Jefford, Shinya Tasaki, and Li Demei.