This year's Decanter World Wine Awards Regional Trophy for Australian Red Bordeaux Varietal over £15 went to Rosemount Estate, MV Collection Caberhttps://www.decanter.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.php?page=disqusnet Sauvignon, McLaren Vale, South Australia 2012 (14%)
- Brookland Valley, Estate Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot, Margaret River, Western Australia 2012
- Casella, 1919 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Deep Woods Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot, Margaret River, Western Australia 2012
- Kilikanoon, Blocks Road Cabernet Sauvignon, Clare Valley, South Australia 2012
- Rosemount, District Cabernet Sauvignon, McLarenVale, South Australia 2012
- Stella Bella, Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, Western Australia 2010
- Stella Bella, Serie Luminosa Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, Western Australia 2010
- Voyager Estate, Cabernet-Merlot, Margaret River, Western Australia 2009
- Windows Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, Western Australia 2012
Rosemount’s MV Collection aims to ‘capture the character and appeal’ of McLaren Vale, a region that has been an intrinsic part of Rosemount since it bought the 100-year-old Ryecroft winery in 1991.
For this Trophy winner, chief winemaker Matt Koch and his team sourced fruit from several of the region’s districts with the aim of showcasing the complexity and vibrancy of McLaren Vale.
The wine lover, Koch explains, is always paramount in his mind: ‘We have an unpretentious approach to winemaking. We try to stay focused on consumers and always think about the wines they enjoy – delicious styles full of flavour.’
Written by Decanter