Learn from the experts at Decanter’s world-class tutored tastings.
Masterclasses last 90 minutes.
Tickets are sold separately to Grand Tasting tickets and places are strictly limited.
Saturday 3 November 2018
Les Plénitudes de Dom Pérignon
11am – 12.30pm, £225 (SOLD OUT)
Speaker: Richard Geoffroy, Dom Pérignon chef de cave
Experience the ultimate Dom Pérignon tasting. Each vintage of Dom Pérignon is only released when its legendary chef de cave, Richard Geoffroy, decides that it has reached a key stage of development, or ‘plénitude,’ which occurs after varying periods of careful maturation deep in the Dom Pérignon cellars. This masterclass is an incredibly rare chance to taste 10 dazzling Dom Pérignon vintages in their three evolutionary stages, under the tutelage of Richard Geoffroy himself.
- Dom Pérignon 2008, 2009, 2006, 2004, 2003
- Dom Pérignon Plénitude Deuxième (P2) 2000, 1998, 1996, 1995
- Dom Pérignon Plénitude Troisième (P3) 1985 (Magnum)
Three decades of Sassicaia
1.30pm – 3pm, £155 (SOLD OUT)
Speaker: Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta, brand ambassador
Join us for a vertical tasting of Sassicaia, one of the most iconic fine wines in the world. It exists today because of the passion and insight of the estate’s founder, Marchese Mario Incisa della Rocchetta, who first brought Bordeaux varieties to the Bolgheri hills of Tuscany in the 1940s. You will taste 10 vintages from the past three decades of Tuscany’s most famous wine, all served from magnum.
- Tenuta San Guido, Sassicaia 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997
4pm – 5.30pm , £155 (SOLD OUT)
Speaker Hervé Berland, CEO
Château Montrose has long been regarded as a ‘first growth of St-Estèphe’, producing powerful, beautifully balanced and long-lived wines which showcase Bordeaux at its best. In this masterclass, Hérve Berland, CEO of Château Montrose, will lead you through a vertical tasting spanning four decades, and will include a rare chance to taste the fabled 1982 vintage.
- Château Montrose 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2005, 2003, 1998, 1995, 1982
Sunday 4 November 2018
Hugel – an exploration of Alsatian Riesling
11am – 12.30pm, £95
Speaker: Marc-André Hugel,13th Generation winemaker and brand ambassador
Founded in 1639 and now in its 13th generation, Hugel & Fils remains one of the greatest names in Alsace. This masterclass focusses on Hugel’s brilliant expressions of Riesling, seen through the prism of different grand cru sites, vintages and sweetness levels. This will be an unmissable masterclass, enabling you to discover the remarkable terroirs of these wines for yourself.
- Hugel, Classic Riesling 2016
- Hugel, Estate Riesling 2014
- Hugel, Grossi Laüe Riesling 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009
- Hugel, Jubilee Riesling 2009
- Hugel, Schoelhammer Riesling 2009, 2008
- Hugel, Vendange Tardive Riesling 2011
- Hugel, Sélection de Grains Nobles 2010
Steven Spurrier’s most memorable wines of all time…
1.30pm – 3pm, £155 (SOLD OUT)
Speaker: Steven Spurrier
An utterly unique masterclass led by the inimitable Decanter critic, columnist and 2017 Man of the Year,
Steven Spurrier. This summer sees the publication of his much anticipated memoir Wine – A Way of Life. In this masterclass Steven introduces his own Bride Valley Blanc de Blancs from Dorset, before revisiting 11 iconic producers who appear in his book, each of which has had a profound influence on his remarkable career. Join Steven to taste some of his all-time favourite wines, as he takes an inspirational trip down memory lane.
- Bride Valley, Blanc de Blancs, Dorset 2014
- Pol Roger, Omit Blanc de Blancs, Champagne 2008
- Domaine Georges Vernay, Les Chaillées d’Enfer, Condrieu 2016
- López de Heredía, Viña Tondonia Reserva Blanco, Rioja 2005
- Château Prieuré-Lichine, 4ème Cru Classé, Bordeaux 2010
- Domaine Tempier, Bandol 2011
- Paul Jaboulet Aîné, Hermitage La Chapelle, Rhone 2010
- Marchesi Antinori, Tignanello, Tuscany 2006
- Viñedo Chadwick, Alto Maip, Chile 2000
- Penfold’s, St Henri Shiraz, South Australia 2004
- Schloss Vollrads, Riesling Spätlese, Rheingau 2004
- Hugel, Pinot Gris Selection de Grains Nobles, Alsace 1989
* This masterclass includes a complimentary copy of Steven’s book.