Based: London, UK
Decanter is looking to recruit an Events Manager.
The role involves planning and managing a yearly calendar of at least eight events, including Decanter World Wine Awards Judging Week, consumer and trade events with responsibility for ensuring the Decanter events plan profit targets are met and each event runs smoothly.
Key responsibilities include
• Organising and co-ordinating the Decanter World Wine Awards Judging Week with the Awards, publishing and editorial teams to ensure the event runs smoothly
• Managing budgets, negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best rates are achieved
• Identifying and booking venues
• Liaising with clients and sponsors to ensure agreements are adhered to and events are executed in line with expectations
• Managing one direct report, the Awards Assistant.
• Working closely with other departments at Decanter to ensure events have sufficient wines to run and are well attended.
The ideal candidate need to be:
• Well organised,
• Have experience working with people at all levels and from different nationalities.
• Used to working under pressure and a very good attention to detail.
• Should have 3 to 5 years’ experience in event management.
Wine knowledge is desirable but not necessary.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the role to Pauline Dubreuil.
Closing date: 25 March 2016