Decanter Bordeaux Fine Wine Encounter – Masterclasses
Saturday 8 June 2019
Venue: The Landmark Hotel, London NW1
Learn from the experts at Decanter’s world-class tutored tastings. Masterclasses last 90 minutes. Tickets are sold separately to Grand Tasting tickets and places are strictly limited.
Château Trotanoy – Pomerol SOLD OUT
11am – 12.30pm, £145
Speaker: Edouard Moueix, owner and general manager
Created in the 18th century, Château Trotanoy is now firmly regarded as one of the jewels in Pomerol’s crown. Under the ownership of the famous Mouiex family, its wines are revered for their extraordinary complexity, character and ageing potential. Join owner Edouard Moueix as he leads you through a vertical tasting of eight
stunning vintages, plus two vintages of the second wine Espérance de Trotanoy.
- Château Trotanoy, Pomerol 2018, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2000, 1998
- Espérance de Trotanoy, Pomerol 2015, 2010
Château Phélan Ségur – St-Estèphe
1.30pm – 3pm, £95
Speaker: Véronique Dausse, general manager
Château Phélan Ségur is one of the great estates in Bordeaux, producing powerful wines that age beautifully and that express the terroir of St-Estèphe superbly. In this masterclass you will taste nine vintages that span the past three decades. This will be a fantastic tasting experience for Left-Bank Bordeaux fans.
- Château Phélan Ségur, St-Estèphe 2016, 2015, 2014, 2010, 2008, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1990
- Frank Phélan, St-Estèphe 2014
Grands crus classés of Graves – Pessac-Léognan
4pm – 5.30pm , £95
Speakers: Mr Eric Perrin, owner of Chateau Carbonnieux;
Mr Jean-Jacques Bonnie, president of the Crus Classés de Graves
Discover one of Bordeaux’s finest appellations in this masterclass, as 11 grands crus classés châteaux come together to present their wines. Pessac-Léognan is famous for its unique gravelly soils and differs from most regions in Bordeaux by being equally revered for both red and white wines. Taste 11 exemplary wines which demonstrate the exceptional qualities of this region.
- Château Bouscaut, Blanc, Pessac-Léognan 2014
- Château Couhins, Blanc, Pessac-Léognan 2011
- Domaine de Chevalier, Blanc, Pessac-Léognan 2012
- Château Couhins-Lurton, Blanc, Pessac-Léognan 2009
- Château Carbonnieux, Pessac-Léognan 2006
- Château de Fieuzal, Pessac-Léognan 2015
- Château Latour-Martillac, Pessac-Léognan 2008
- Château Olivier, Pessac-Léognan 2003
- Château Smith Haut-Lafitte, Pessac-Léognan 2010
- Château Malartic Lagraviere, Pessac-Léognan 2005
- Château Pape Clement, Pessac-Léognan 2009