On 29 February, guests at the Decanter Spain & Portugal Fine Wine Encounter had the opportunity to sample 17 award-winning Spanish and Portuguese wines from the 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards alongside an impressive 549 wines from 43 Portuguese producers and 120 Spanish producers.
The one-day event was attended by more than 750 wine lovers, many stopping by the bustling DWWA Winners’ Table to sample benchmark winners from the 2019 competition.
See below to see photo highlights and discover which award-winning wines were showcased on the day.
DWWA 2019 Winners’ Table:
Best in Show
- El Coto, Coto de Imaz, Gran Reserva, Rioja, Spain, 2012
- Familia Torres, Grans Muralles, Conca de Barberà, Spain, 2014
- Adega A Coroa, Godello, Valdeorras, Spain, 2018
- La Rioja Alta, Viña Arana, Gran Reserva, Rioja, Spain, 2012
- Hijos de Alberto Gutiérrez, De Alberto Dorado Verdejo, Rueda, Spain, NV
- Bodegas y Viñedos Verum, Ulterior Parcela No. 17 Graciano, Castilla, Spain, 2016
- Kopke, Colheita, Port, Portugal, 1999
- Bodegas Cornelio Dinastía, Imperial Autor, Rioja, Spain, 2014
- Quinta do Noval, Cedro do Noval, Duriense, Portugal, 2016
- Quinta da Gaivosa, Vintage, Port, Portugal, 2016
- Opta, Dão, Portugal, 2017
- Urbión, Cuvée, Rioja, Spain, 2017
- Bodegas Cornelio Dinastía, Fermentado en Barrica Viura, Rioja, Spain, 2016
- Paco & Lola, Albariño, Rías Baixas, Spain, 2018
- Zinio, Reserva, Rioja, Spain, 2014
- Clos de Lôm, Malvasía, Valencia, Spain, 2018
- Valmiñor, Albariño, Rías Baixas, Spain, 2018
Spain & Portugal at the 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
At the 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards, more than 280 of the world’s top wine experts blind tasted close to 17,000 wines. Of this, 1,877 wines from Spain and 698 from Portugal were blind tasted, culminating in the following DWWA 2019 results: