Vinexpo New York took place last week with over 400 producers showcasing their best wines over two days of tastings, masterclass and conferences.
Last week, Vinexpo New York, the first of it’s kind for over eight years, brought together wine and spirits professionals from across the globe. The two-day show was held on 5 and 6 March 2018 at the Javits Convention Center, Manhattan.
Decanter hosted a masterclass based on a panel tasting that featured in the April 2016 issue of the magazine. The session, titled The best Pinot Noirs in the World (outside of Burgundy and California) was led by award-winning wine writer and columnist Elin McCoy.
Seven wines were featured in the masterclass, of which, six appeared in the original panel tasting. This also included the winner of the Best Argentinian Pinot Noir at the 2017 Decanter World Wine Awards.
Masterclass attendees had the opportunity to taste the following:
- Tolpuddle Vineyard, Coal River Valley, Australia 2016
- Meyer Family Vineyards, McLean Creek Road Vineyard, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada 2013
- Bodega Chacra, Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir, Patagonia, Argentina, 2014
- Garcia + Schwaderer, Sofìa, Casablanca, Chile 2013
- Felton Road, Block 5, Bannockburn, Central Otago, New Zealand 2012
- Gottardi, Mazzon Riserva, Blauburgunder, Alto Adige, Italy 2012
- Bernhard Huber, Wildenstein R Grosses Gewächs, Baden, 2012
Over 75 attended with others choosing to standing to grab a piece of the action.