See the short-listed shots, and the winner, from the 'artistry of wine' category at this year's Louis Roederer International Wine Writers' Awards.
Award-winning wine photography
See the gallery below for the judges’ shortlist, including shots of a raucous La Paulée de Meursault lunch and behind the scenes at an Académie du Vin black tie party.
Champagne Louis Roederer Artistry of Wine Award 2017 shortlist (winner in gold)
- Tim Atkin MW | Award-winning wine journalist, photographer
- Johan Berglund | Photographer specialising in Bordeaux
- Gretchen Greer | Photographer, wine and travel writer
- Árpád Pintér | Wine, food and travel photographer
- George Rose | Photographer specialising in California
- Jon Wyland | Photographer specialising in Burgundy
What is the Artistry of Wine competition?
Entries were to be a ‘non-verbal representation of the world of wine’, which can include anything from photography to film, or even original art.
This is an image 1 of 6
‘Foot treading at Tentenublo’ – Tim Atkin
This is an image 2 of 6
‘Académie du Vin’ – Johan Berglund
This is an image 3 of 6
‘Snow in Saint-Romain’ – Gretchen Greer
This is an image 4 of 6
‘Harvest at the Matra hills, the transportation’ – Árpád Pintér
This is an image 5 of 6
‘High Stakes’ – George Rose
The winning shot: 'High Stakes' - George Rose.
This is an image 6 of 6