Back again for DWWA 2022 medal winners only, entries are now open for award-winning wines to be evaluated by a panel of industry-leading buyers from both the off and on-trade.
As part of the initiative, entrants will receive a personalised feedback report from Decanter containing:
- A detailed assessment of their wine and its commercial potential from leading UK buyers with purchasing influence
- Channel strategy and route-to-market recommendations
- Benchmarking analysis with similar wines already in the UK market
- A review of the packaging and its channel suitability
- Quotes attributed to Decanter that can be used in commercial/ promotional materials
- Find out more in our entry pack →
Put simply, the Buyers’ Report will provide invaluable information and constructive feedback to help producers maximise sales opportunities in the UK market.
Pierre Mansour, head of buying at The Wine Society, commented, ‘The Buyers’ Report is an excellent initiative by Decanter which brings commercial insight and a UK-based perspective for those wine producers who have nailed quality, through the blind tasting exercise, but are looking for guidance and real-life input in how to crack distribution in one of the best wine markets in the world.’
Buying director at Winetraders, Beth Willard adds, ‘The DWWA Buyers’ Report offers the final missing piece in the jigsaw of wine competitions: a chance for producers to put their awarded wines in front of trade experts to assess the commercial potential of the wine in the UK market.
‘DWWA medals already give producers a helping hand to sell wines in the UK but this shows excellent added value in offering a full assessment of the wine from packaging to channel strategy.’
Entries for the 2022 Buyers’ Report are open now until 9 September 2022, exclusively for producers who have won a Bronze medal and/or above at the 2022 Decanter World Wine Awards.
The 2022 buying panel
The buying panel for the Buyers’ Report is made up of key buyers and industry experts representing all key sectors in the UK market.
These include national and independent retailers, importers, leading fine and casual dining restaurants and exclusive members’ clubs. Confirmed buyers for the 2022 DWWA Buyers’ Report include:
- Beth Willard, Buying director at Winetraders
- Mags Janjo, Buyer and owner of MJ Wine Cellars
- Simon Field MW, ex-Berry Bros. & Rudd wine buyer
- See more buyers on this year’s panel →
Key dates for 2022
22 June 2022
9 September 2022
Entry & entry form deadline
16 September 2022
Direct delivery deadline*
21-23 September 2022
Buyers’ reports will be sent to producers on 21 October 2022
*Wine samples (two bottles per entry) are required for the buyers’ evaluations, but as an advantage for early entrants, leftover wines from DWWA 2022 will be used where available.