Vin Room Mission is showcasing a selection of 16 DWWA-winning wines by the glass this October
The DWWA-winning wines that will be showcased at Vin Room Mission throughout October includes:
- Castello, Romitorio Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, 2007, Italy – Silver
- Bellavista, Cuvee Brut, Franciacortia, N/V, Italy – Bronze
- Pierre Paillard, Grand Cru Brut, Champagne N/V France – Commended
- Gonzalez Byass, Tio Pepe Jerez-Xeres-Sherry Y Manzanilla San Lucar de Barramdeda, N/V Spain – Bronze
- A To Z Wineworks, Pinot Gris, Oregon 2012, United States – Bronze
- Perez Cruz Limited Edition Syrah, Maipo Valley 2011 Chile
- Cave D’Esclans, Whispering Angel Rose, Cotes de Provence, Provence 2012 France – Silver
- Domaine Zinck, Grand Cru, Eichberg Gewurztraminer, Alsace, 2010, France – Bronze
- Josef Cromy Pinot Noir Tasmania 2010 Australia – Silver
- Alpha Estate, Xinomavro Hedgehog, Vineyard Amyndeon, Macedonia, 2009 Greece – Bronze
- Umani Ronchi, Vellodoro Pecorino Terre de Chieti, 2012, Italy – Bronze
- Cepa 21, Hito Tinto Fino Ribera del Duero, 2012, Spain – Bronze
- Chateau de Varennes, Savennieres, Loire Valley, 2011 France
- Chateau Musar, Bekaa Valley, 2005 Lebanon – Bronze
- Lustau, Don Nuno, Jerez-Xeres-sherry Y Manzanilla, San Lucar de Barramdeda, N/V, Spain – Bronze
- Zenato, Amarone Della, Valpolicella, Classico Veneto, 2008, Italy
- Penfold’s, Bin 389 Cabernet-Shiraz, South Australia, 2010, Australia – Australian Red Blend over £15 Regional Trophy
To celebrate this year’s Global Tastings, we caught up with Vin Rooms Proprietor, Phoebe Fung, to find out a little bit more about their wine bar.
Tell us a little bit about your wine venue and the customers it attracts – where are you based? Do you specialise in a particular type of wine?
Phoebe: Vin Room is located in Calgary, Alberta and offers over 100 wines by the glass. We specialize in boutique wines and offer our guests the opportunity to taste wines from around the world in 2 oz pours. Our customers enjoy our upscale casual atmosphere where tapas infused with global twists complement our extensive wine list. Vin Room has two locations in Calgary.
Why did you want to be a part of the Global Tastings this year, and what do you hope to achieve by running this two-week tasting in your venue?
P: We see a perfect partnership participating in Global Tastings. We love the opportunity to offer 16 award winning wines for our guests to sample during the month of October.
Can you describe the wine scene in your city? Have you seen it change in recent years, or would you say it’s changing?
P: The wine scene in Calgary has been growing in recent years. With over 4000 labels in Alberta, consumers are provided with an abundance of choice in variety and price point, and this has resulted in an increased in demand and enjoyment of wine.
Finally, do you have any DWWA-winning wine recommendations you would like to share with your customers, and if so, why you have chosen these wines?
P: The perfect glass of wine is the one you enjoy. Take the opportunity to explore each award winning wine by the 2 oz glass and discover a new favourite.
For more information on the Vin Rooms, please contact Phoebe directly, at
T: + 004038268111