Decanter World Wine Awards 2015 winners were presented at the Vancouver International Wine Festival (VIWF) in Canada
Visitors at the VIWF had the chance to taste a selection of DWWA winning wines at the Decanter stand in the Acura Tasting Room on 25-27 February 2016. These medal winners have all won awards at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2015.
VIWF is one of the celebrated wine festivals in the world attended by 25,000 trade and consumer visitors.
The DWWA 2015 winning wines available at the VIWF were:
- Pewsey Vale, Riesling, Eden Valley, South Australia 2014
- Fantini Farnese, Edizione Cinque Autoctoni 14, Abruzzo, Italy 2012
- Piccini, Villa al Cortile, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy 2010
- Gérard Bertrand, Syrah/Mourvèdre, Saint-Chinian, Languedoc-Roussillon, France 2013
- Fonseca, Terra Prima, Reserve, Port, Portugal NV
- Taylor’s, 20 Year Old Tawny, Port, Portugal NV
- Bodegas Shaya, Arindo, Rueda, Spain 2014
- Umberto Cesari, Sangiovese Riserva, Sangiovese di Romagna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy 2012
- Barone Ricasoli, Brolio, Chianti Classico Riserva, Tuscany, Italy 2011
- Ventisquero, Vertice, Apalta, Colchagua, Chile 2011
- Taylor’s, Late Bottled Vintage, Port, Portugal 2010
The Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition and is respected internationally as an unrivalled source of wine recommendations. Now in its 12th year, the 2015 edition saw 15,928 wines from 48 countries tasted by 240 of the world’s wine experts, including 85 Masters of Wine and 23 Master Sommeliers.