Casanova di Neri avoids legal action in 'Brunellogate' scandal
- Tuesday 15 December 2009
The winery was informed of the decision in July, but requested additional official documentation before making a statement.
The document, issued by the Minister of Justice, confirms that no legal action has been taken against the winery.
Casanova di Neri was one of the seven wineries investigated as part of 'Operation Mixed Wine' over the alleged adulteration of wines produced in Montalcino and Chianti Classico in 2003.
In a statement, estate owner Giacomo Neri said Casanova di Neri had been ‘removed from the list in the course of the investigations.’
'As one of the more important wineries in the zone, Casanova di Neri was checked and controlled by the required authorities.'
'We inform our clients that the wines of Casanova di Neri are even more guaranteed post-investigation than before, having completed the analyses that were requested by the authorities for the commercialistion of Brunello di Montalcino,' he said.
A spokesperson for Casanova di Neri said the winery will now continue its business operations as usual.
New video: How to Analyse Colour, with Steven Spurrier