The 2013 Decanter Fine Wine Encounter featured six expertly led masterclasses:
- Champagne Taittinger presented by Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger
- Chateau La Fleur-Petrus presented by Edouard Moueix
- E Guigal presented by Philippe Guigal
- Chateau Montrose presented by Herve Berland
- Napa Valley Cabernet – Library Wines presented by Kathleen Heitz Myers, Cathy Corison and Philip Ross
- Barolo 1997 and 2011 presented by Ian D’Agata.
The Discovery Theatre seminars included:
- Right Bank, Left Bank, the hidden treasures of the Chablis Premier Cru presented by Sandrine Audegond of Domaine Laroche in Chablis
- Priorat:the wines of the ‘Stairway to Heaven’ presented by Sarah Jane Evans MW
- Viña Errazuiz: A four decade journey with Don Maximiano, presented by Philip Tuck MW
- From Chateauneuf-du-Pape to Roussillon: a tour de France in Grenache with speakers Steven Spurrier, Jean-Pierre Durand and Emmanuel Cazes
Jancis Robinson MW and Julia Harding MW signed copies of their books The World Atlas of Wine and Wine Grapes, while Michael Broadbent signed copies of his Pocket Vintage Wine Companion
The Encounter also included, for the first time, Prosecco as a featured region, with 16 stands showcasing the best of the region.