Please send your DAWA wine samples (4 bottles per entry) to JAS Forwarding (H.K.) between 28 June – 5 August 2016 to the following address:
Decanter Asia Wine Awards
c/o JAS Forwarding (H.K.) Ltd
Block D (Whole Building)
Tien Chu Industrial Centre
52-62 Tsing Yi Road
- Goods receiving time: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (close for lunch 1-2pm)
- Delivery company will need to register at the security office on G/F of Block D upon arrival.
- Wine that arrives after the deadline will not be accepted and refunds will not be issued.
- Clearly label each box of wine using the delivery label, which can be downloaded once you have entered and paid for your wine by going to your log in account.
- Wine delivered to the Decanter office in London will not be accepted.
Import License & Duty
All duties/taxes and most of the administrative procedures have been exempted for importing wine and liquor with alcoholic strength less than 30% abv. to Hong Kong. Therefore NO Import License is required – most international courier companies, e.g. DHL, have local offices in Hong Kong who could provide the best resource of information.
Although duty/tax is exempted, import declaration is necessary. Wines should be Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), therefore instruction to complete the import declaration should be given to your forwarder/courier company. Submitters should also be responsible for any fees related to the import declaration. Packing list and documents showing CIF value of the wines along with the Airway Bill/Bill of lading are usually required for the import declaration process. Any penalty and additional cost incurred from the non-compliance of declaration requirement in HK will be born by the Submitters. JAS Forwarding can also provide the import declaration services (and of course the import transportation services) on behalf of the submitters in case their own service providers may not provide the services. But it may be subject to a handling fee.
Do I Need To Insure My Wine?
Decanter and JAS Forwarding will not take responsibility for wine damaged or lost whilst in transit. In the event that for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Decanter, it is necessary or advisable for the Decanter Asia Wine Awards to be cancelled, Decanter cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss of profit, damage or expense of any kind incurred as the result of such a cancellation.