Decanter Fine Wine Encounter 2019 – Discovery Theatre
A series of informal tastings lasting approximately 45 minutes.
Tickets are sold separately to Grand Tasting tickets and places are strictly limited.
Saturday 2 November 2019
11.15am: A comparative sparkling tasting with Raventós i Blanc – £35
Speakers: Pepe Raventós, winemaker Raventós i Blanc
Sophie & Pierre Larmandier, winemakers and owners of Champagne Larmandier-Bernier
Frederic Zeimett, CEO of Champagne Leclerc Briant
Join us for a fascinating horizontal tasting from this iconic Spanish sparkling producer and two outstanding Champagne houses. These biodynamic growers will present six 2012 vintages.
- Raventós i Blanc, Textures de Pedra, Conca Del Riu Anoia, Spain 2012
- Raventós i Blanc, Manuel Raventós, Conca Del Riu Anoia, Spain 2012
- Champagne Larmandier-Bernier, Les Chemins d’avise Grand Cru 2012
- Champagne Larmandier-Bernier, Les Chemins d’avise Extra Brut 2012
- Champagne Leclerc Briant, Brut Réserve 2012
- Champagne Leclerc Briant, Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2012
1pm: Loire Renaissance – £35
Speaker: Rebecca Gibb MW
The Loire is a diverse wine region overflowing with majestic châteaux and troglodyte caves. Single varietal wines are king and on the world stage, the Loire’s Chenin Blanc and Cabernet Franc are without peers. Join Master of Wine, Rebecca Gibb, as she guides you through current wine producing trends in the Loire Valley. Her effervescent presentation style and the quality of the wines will leave you as refreshed as a glass of Crémant de Loire.
2.45pm: Château Arnauld – a vertical Médoc tasting £35
Speaker: Franck Bijon, General Manager
This award-winning producer, located in the Haut-Médoc region of Bordeaux, will present a vertical discovery tasting of vintages from 2011 to 2016. The wines are typically a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot and are wonderfully aromatic with plenty of black fruit on the nose.
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2016
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2015
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2014
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2013
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2012
- Château Arnauld, Bordeaux 2011
4.30pm: Bodegas Montecillo: Rioja – Celebrating 150 years £35
Speaker: Mercedes García Rupérez, chief winemaker
This prestigious Bodega is one of the oldest in Rioja. Join its chief winemaker to taste a selection of fantastic wines, including the Viña Monty 1975.
- Montecillo, Gran Reserva, Rioja 2010
- Montecillo, 22 Barricas, Rioja 2010
- Viña Monty, Graciano Rioja 2015
- Viña Monty, Garnacha Rioja 2015
- Montecillo, GRSE Rioja 1994
- Viña Monty, Rioja 1975